Spolupráce s Ekoškolou na Bahamách
- The activities you and/or your family have been doing to keep busy, active, creative etc.
- Your experience and how you have been staying positive during this time
- Any advice you have for people, or an encouraging message to brighten people’s spirits.
- Interactions over technology that have helped you (recordings or pictures of facetime calls with friends or family, encouraging text messages etc.)
- The positive things you have found about working remotely or studying online
- Anything funny or lighthearted you have made/seen happen during this experienceWhen submitting these videos and pictures we would appreciate it if they had a positive theme or concept to them. We understand the importance of educating people about the situation and we do want you to share your experience, whatever it may be, however we do ask that you keep in mind that the goal of our project is to promote positivity.If you submit a picture or video without audio then you can also type a short caption that you would like to include, as well as your name if you would like. If you are speaking in a different language in your video clip then please also include the translation to english in a caption so we can include that in the video.We are planning on combining all these pictures and videos to make something that will bring us all together as a global community during a time of crisis. We are all in this together, and are all experiencing struggles as we navigate this pandemic, so we would appreciate it if you could help us give our community and people around the world a shared sense of unity, strength and hope through your videos and pictures.Please submit your pictures or videos in an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
. Also note that by sending us your photo or video you are agreeing to and giving consent for us to use it in our video that will be shared with the school and wider community.Thank you so much. The IB1 class looks forward to your submissions and your support.Best regards,IB 1 students and CAS Coordinator Ms. Stephanie Doland
Hey, how are you guys doing? I just wanted to follow up with you to tell you that the deadline for the video and pictures is May 24th. It can be a short video message explaining the ways that you have been staying positive, a positive message for others to hear, what you have been doing to keep busy. If you don't want to send a video message of you speaking it can just be videos or pictures of the activities themselves, exercise, biking, walking, baking, crafts etc. Just remember to include the translation if it's not in English. I don't mean to push, I know this is a difficult time, I just wanted to let you know about the deadline to make sure that you can submit your videos in time if you would like to.
Thank you, Stay safe :)
I hope that you and your surroundings can handle the situation with a clear view.
So we are sending you some materials for your project. We will be happy if you then send us a link to the video so that we can share it and spread the positivity together! It's a really great idea :)
Thank you so much for all those photos, they are going to be unbelievably helpful. We really really appreciate it and will definitely send you the final video when it is done. Thank you again! Have a nice day :)
so how's the video making? We look forward to sharing it with our friends and the general public!
What else do you do? We tried your bee feeders and we have to say that they are really magical. We gave the production process to our younger classmates and they did a great job, see for yourself :)
we would like to renew our communication.
How was your vacation? Have there been any ecoclub events at your place? Despite the difficult situation around coronavirus, we managed to organize several holiday "brigades".
I'd also like to ask about your video that you created. Is it done yet? Can you please send us a link? We would like to share it further!
We look forward to your reply!
Have a nice day!
Lucy and Stephany
Our vacation was good, although our coronavirus cases got a little bit worse so we weren't able to hold any events. That's amazing that you were able to organize some. We are still doing school online so far, so we are hoping to make an online newsletter to send out weekly to keep people informed about the environment.
Unfortunately the video we had planned on making wasn't able to be completed. There were a few obstacles that prevented us from being able to make it, and we also didn't get very many submissions from other people. I'm sorry to disappoint you, and I apologize for losing touch a little bit, but I hope we can continue our communication.
What are you guys planning for this year?
Have a great day!
Hey our Bahamas friends!
It's nice to hear something about you! I am so sorry for your situation. Hopefuly it will get better as soon as possible. We had two months summer holidays but now we are trying to get into the old habits. But we worked during holidays to!
Our first event was mowing the grass, we cooperate with the local ČSOP (Czech Union for Nature Conservation). Then we had a brigade to collect cherry seeds so they could turn them into seedlings. LČR (Forests of Czech Republic) bought them from us. During the holidays there were also several works in our garden and even ecoteam meeting. This year we are defending the title of eco-school (I think you know it?)!
I hope I haven't forgotten anything. Ok, I have. We were actually on an excursion "for aluminum". We collect aluminum every year and the classes compete with each other. We couldn't go last school year, so we replaced it on saturday this year.
We're looking forward some information about your situation and you know (news, how r u, etc.)
Have a nice day
Stephany and Lucy
so how are you doing? We have great news! We defended the title of eco-school. It was hard work, but it was worth it.
What's wrong with you? We haven't heard from you in a long time.
Congratulations! That's amazing news, we were able to renew our Eco School Flag as well. We are really happy about it. Sorry we haven't written in a while, things have been really busy since we are graduating in a few months.
We just had a presentation by ISRAID and they showed us how to recycle plastic bottles. I will attach pictures here, maybe you can use them in your school too! We also started an eco newsletter to inform our school about what we are doing as a club, what they can do to help us, and raise awareness about local environmental issues like the oil drilling we are trying to stop from happening here.
Now we are working on making bird houses and fixing up our bird watching tower.
What have you guys been up to lately?
Happy New Year by the way ;)
graduation will be really difficult this year. We all have mixed feelings about it, but uncertainty probably prevails.
Your products look really great, I really like the "wall garden". We also make similar feeders, but we prefer to use flower pots or coconuts. We try to organize new activities for the public, so now there is a winter call. People send us photos of the winter landscape and also their bird feeders, on which we gave them instructions on how to make them.
Sorry for the late answer, there was a lot before the end of the semester.
I think it's great that you're setting up your newsletter. We have been informing about this for several years on our website and also in the local city magazine.
Do you plan any other activities now? :)
That project where people send you photos and you teach them how to make bird feeders sounds really nice. We celebrated World Wetlands Day recently and took the primary kids for tours of our swamp at school. I think they enjoyed it a lot!
We aren't really planning any more events for this year, just trying to keep up and continue what we are doing currently. We'll continue with our newsletter and our website, and keep recycling and pursuing our themes. We are also working with two other students to train them so that they can take over the eco club when we graduate.
What are you guys planning for the club after you graduate? Will new people take over for you? Soon I'll send you the emails of the new presidents so your club can continue communicating with ours once we graduate.
Nice to hear from you.
I hope everything else is going well.
we talked in the ecoclub about mutual correspondence with you. We have selected two of our members to whom we will pass the baton. Let us know when you select your new representatives and we will forward our email to our new representatives.